International supply chain security requirements and customs regulations are increasingly elaborate and demanding, varying significantly region to region, to add even more layers of complexity.
In the UK, HMRC can impose big fines for individual errors, which is why our experts review and guide customers through product classification, valuation and Customs regimes, to keep them compliant and fine-free.
Dealing with new markets can be daunting, particularly when non-compliance can threaten delivery and impact on your customers’ experience, threatening repeat orders.
When your shipments need to cross borders, we use our integrated systems, fiscal knowledge and experience to process declarations through customs and associated border agencies, to keep your goods moving forward as fast as possible.
We remove compliance risk and support your international trade success, working with our colleagues in 25 countries, to prepare your documentation, calculate duties and other taxes, and deal with inspections, if required by governmental or regulatory agencies.
We hold EU and US regulatory and security certifications, including Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) and Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) accreditations, which means we are familiar with US government agencies, including FDA rules and freight regulations. In the UK, AEO status benefits include expedited clearance, fewer physical and documentary checks and access to Customs regimes and simplified procedures, which could be critical post-Brexit.
- Audit of current practices and processes
- Tariff quotas and classification direction*
- Direct electronic declarations to HMRC*
- Post declaration monitoring and reporting*
- Duty deferment*
- Community transit guarantee*
- NES export documentation*
- Customs Freight Simplified Procedures (CFSP)*
Our Customs team help you comply with the regulations for selling goods into the UK including:
- Guiding and assisting on VAT registration
- Advising on addition of VAT to sales transactions and invoicing
- Regulations for holding and releasing stock into free circulation
- Assisting with VAT return requirements